Every time you plan a holiday, the saddest part of it is that you have to leave your pup alone in the home. But this time definitely fix the travel with your pup by plane and here are some super important tips to support you all along.
- Always prefer booking nonstop flights as it would make the travel for your pup less stressful. They just don’t like going up and down in the plane.
- You need to do your homework on airlines pet restrictions before you book a ticket for your pet. Small pups are allowed in a carrier under your seat with extra pet fee but larger ones need to travel in the cargo, and that is also not for all types of breeds. Check the size of your dog and the size of the carrier. Airlines also ask for updated immunization and other details.
- Your pup needs a pretty long stroll before departure because exercise will drain some energy and help it to relax for some time. It is also required before you get stuck to one place for a long time.
- If your pup is flying in the cargo bay, remember to clip its nail so that those don’t get stuck in the kennel.
- Do some pre-travel test runs by keeping your pup in the carrier for some time in the home. It will not make him feel the carrier or kennel as a scary place, and, while on the travel, it will be easier for him to stay there.
- You must have with you enough food for your pup and possibly best dog food for golden retrievers. Your baggage should also include non-spill water carrier, toys, treats and a bone to keep it occupied during the long flight. Ice cubes also help to hydrate him and keeping him busy for some time.
- Be prepared for the environmental condition of the plane and do not allow your dog out in the airport. If you have time, look for “pet relief station” to give it a chance to pee.